Thank you for using Canon products.
Canon has released a firmware update for the EOS-5D Mark III.
EOS 5D Mark III
Firmware Version 1.1.2 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
1. Supports a new accessory, GPS receiver GP-E2.
2. Fixes a phenomenon where a pink cast may develop over the image when the shutter is completely pressed with the cameraâ€™s power turned off (by the auto power off setting).
3. Fixes a phenomenon where the camera operation stops after one shot when shooting in High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode.
4. Fixes a phenomenon where the Shooting Date/Time in the EXIF data of the image shows a later time than the actual shooting time.
5. Fixes the time zone for the Samoa Islands.
6. Corrects errors in the Finnish menu screen.
Firmware Version 1.1.2 is for cameras with firmware up to version 1.0.7. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
The new Firmware Version 1.1.2 can be downloaded by clicking here.
NOTE: Once on the "Drivers & Software" tab please choose operating system and version. Then expand the Firmware section and click on the firmware file name to access the details page. Choose "I Agree - Begin Download" button to start the download.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Please register your EOS 5D Mark III. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when future firmware updates become available for download. If you already registered, please ensure you are opted-in to receive the notification.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Customer Support Center
For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support